After consultation with local authorities and partners we have rescheduled the ceremonies and festivities to now take place 8 and 9 April 2021.
The concert of the Band of the Mounted Regiments will be held on Thursday 8 April at the Kulturhus in Borne.
An alternative for ceremonies and festivities
The idea for this Freedom Movie originated last Monday (30 March 2020) and has subsequently been elaborated upon in a combined effort with this superb result.The power of the idea (connecting the heroes of the war with those excelling today) in a combined effort by all concerned, has led to an outstanding Borne production.
Jan Pierik, Mayor of Borne
Achieved so far
We are delighted to announce the participation of the regimental marching band of the Garde Grenadiers en Jagers on the 3rd of April. This generous offer was made by the Ministry of Defense.
Thanks to the Ministry of Defense will Fanfare Bereden Wapens give a concert on the 2nd of April in “t Wooldrik” Sports Centre with the motto “Tour of Freedom in Concert”. This concert is the start of the festivities initiated to honor the Forgotten Liberators.
- 27 August 2019 the Board of Mayor and Alderman of Borne decided to support the Foundation with € 5400,-
- The former Dorset Regiment has also been invited to attend the unveiling of the street signs on 3 April 2020.
- On 3 August 2020 the website vergetenbevrijders.nl (forgotten liberators) went online.
- The initiators have received a positive response from the Association of Cavalry Officers.
- On 3 April 2020 the regimental marching band of the Garde Grenadiers en Jagers will accompany the unveiling of the street signs.
- On 2 April 2020 the “Bereden Wapens” Fanfare Corps will give a concert in “t Wooldrik” Sports Centre with the motto “Tour of Freedom in Concert”.
- The secretaries of the Royal Dragoons, the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry and the British Embassy in The Hague have responded positively to the invitations.
- The initiators have coordinated their plans for 3 April 2020 with the members of the “75 Years of Freedom in Borne” Committee.
- 2 April 2019 the Board of Mayor and Aldermen of Borne decided to name the municipal ring road after the forgotten liberators: Royal Dragoons and Sherwood Rangers.